*A simple prep and forget recipe that will impress your friends and family. This concoction will light up taste buds you didn’t even know you had. A one pot, minimal mess, soul food recipe that is even better the following day. Enjoy~
Feeds 4-6 people~ Prep Time: 15 Mins~ Cook Time: 2.5 Hours
You will need:
1.5lbs Crane Meat (Approx. 4 Breast), Cubed
3 Bay Leaves
3 Tbsps. Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Large Onion, Quartered
4 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
4 Large Carrots, Chopped
2 Large Baking Potatoes, Chopped
4-5 Cups Beef Broth (Enough to Cover)
2 Tsps. Rubbed Sage
2 Tsps. Crushed Rosemary
2 Tsps. Cheyenne Pepper
2 Tsps. Chili Powder
2 Tsps. Cavenders Greek Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven, throw in olive oil, garlic, and cubed crane. Continue tossing until meat is brown.
- Add Celery, Carrots, Onions, Potatoes, seasonings, and beef broth.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for two hours on low heat.
- Serve with a loaf of fresh bread and a glass of homemade sweet tea!