*Feel free to jazz this recipe up by adding bell peppers, onions, whole garlic, mushrooms, etc. to the kabobs. Cubed up more meat and marinate if you have a larger party. This recipe is simple and will impress your guest…even the guest that don’t like wild game. Be sure to wait to tell them it’s Sandhill Crane until they are tonsil deep. Cheers!
Feeds 4-6 people~ Prep Time: 1 Hour~ Cook Time: 15 Minutes
You will need:
1.5lbs Crane Meat (Approx. 4 Breast), Cubed
5 Ounces Worcestershire Sauce
5 Ounces A1 Steak Sauce
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
4 Tbsps. Italian Dressing
3 Tbsps. McCormick GrillMates Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Gallon Ziplock Bag
4 to 6 Wood or Metal Kabobs
- Combine all ingredients except meat in gallon bag. Shake it UP.
- Add meat. Marinate in fridge for 1 Hour.
- Remove your masterpiece and set on bag on counter until room temp.
- Stick the marinated meat cubes on Kabobs. (Don’t forget to soak your Kabob sticks in the sink if you are using wooden ones)
- Grill on high heat until Medium Rare. About 10-15 Minutes.
DO NOT OVER COOK.
- Serve with green beans and fresh cut French fries.